Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Rena Rowan Ribbon Run!

Hopefully you guys have gotten a chance to take a look at the pictures below from the Rena Rowan Ribbon Run.  The race was organized by panhel, so I think it's a great example of the fact that when you join a sorority, you don't just become a member of that chapter, you become part of a larger community at Penn.  There was representation from all different sororities on campus at the race, to support the beginning of Breast Cancer Awareness month, and also the Panhellenic Council.  

As community service chair, I helped to remind members of my pledge class to register for the event and motivated them to wake up and get out of bed on a Sunday morning (not always an easy task!).  Some of us walked (yes I was part of the large group left in the back as the serious runners sped ahead), some ran (very impressive!), and some did a combination of the two.  Luckily we all made it back for brunch at our house after!  Every Sunday we have brunch at the house and I know that it's my, and many members of my pledge class's, favorite part of the week.  The promise of food definitely makes the prospect of waking up on a Sunday morning a little bit easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment