Wednesday, October 7, 2009

For the good, and the bad

There is so much written on this blog to do with exciting things happening in the Panhellenic community. And while there are many exciting philanthropy, social, and sisterhood events going on all the time, there are also some not so happy things that happen.

Last Wednesday, the Penn community came together to remember Lindsey Goldhagen, a Phi Sigma Sigma sister who passed away on the 30th of August. I won't go into what an amazing person Lindsey was and how much she'll be missed because the DP did a great job of that already, but I would like to talk about the amazing amount of support my chapter received following our loss.

We received numerous cards and letters of support not only from chapters within Phi Sigma Sigma, but also from chapters at Penn and their national organizations. For two weeks we had so many bouquets of flowers, we had no clue where we would put another one if it were delivered. In particular, the card sent by Alpha Chi Omega comforted me most. The last line read, "During times like these, it is good to know we are all sisters, no matter the letters!"

To the sisters of Alpha Chi Omega and all the other chapters who sent us their sympathies: thank you. Your words have helped our hearts to heal.

And to the brothers of Sigma Alpha Epsilon: I am so sorry for the loss of your brother, Kenneth. I know what its like to lose a friend you've shared such special times with. My sisters and I are here for you if you need someone to talk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment