Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 2: You can do it!

I don't know about all of you, but I'm already tired, and it's only day 2 of formal recruitment. Phew. But the first day is always the most scary and the most stressful, so know that it's only uphill from here! And, I promise, we're much more normal when recruitment ends. We don't yell cheers every time someone walks in the door, and you'll be allowed to talk to sisters for more than 5 minutes each :) In fact, here's a very normal picture of me (front and center, since I was recruitment chair last year) and the rest of my sisters after open house 2009.

Formal recruitment is a unique experience to say the least. It's not really normal to meet your best friends for life while freezing your tail off and wanting to throw your high heels against a brick wall. But, I swear, it's so worth it! Next Thursday, you'll run out of Houston Hall into a crowd of women who can't wait to get to know more about you and set you up for date parties and organize movie nights.

For those of you who are unsure about whether rush is right for you, trust me, I know how you feel. I went into recruitment with a "we'll see" attitude. Take it one party at a time. How do you know what's right for you? Focus on the conversations you have with sisters. Sure, we've decorated our houses from top to bottom, but that's only to impress you guys! What we really want to know is if we want you to be a part of our sisterhood. And that starts with a conversation.

On that note, I should probably go get ready for Open House part 2 and the wonderful conversations it will bring!

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment