Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's Almost Here

Hope everyone had a great winter break! Personally, mine was too short and I did not enjoy the 40 degree weather which I encountered on my trip to Florida, but other than that it was very relaxing. I am excited to be back at Penn though, especially because recruitment is so soon. As a sophomore, I've never been on this side of rush before, so I'm probably just as nervous and overwhelmed, but also excited, as you guys are. So much goes into planning for rush, we've been decorating our house for days! I hope that you are all as I excited as we are, because I can promise we can't wait to meet all of you.

I remember walking into my first house, feeling so overwhelmed and not really knowing what to expect. I promise we don't leave you to wander aimlessly! As soon as you walk in, you really will get the hang of this. Overall, I would say to really try to enjoy the process. When else will you have the opportunity to meet so many different types of people? Rush is a great opportunity to meet older girls in houses who can give great class recommendations, information on study abroad, and even restaurant recommendations. I can't tell you how many tips I got from girls I met during this week last year.

As someone who was really anxious about the rush process last year, I feel like I understand what many of you may be thinking. Don't worry! I remember before rush I stood in front of my closet analyzing every different sweater that I own. Now that I'm on the other side I realize how uninterested anyone I met was in my sweater choice! The only thing I would suggest is to dress warmly! Luckily the weather this year seems to be an improvement over our rush week last year. It happened to be the coldest week of the year as I was walking from house to house and I really wasn't a fan of my fingers turning numb. Judging by the weather forecast for this week, however, it seems as if all of you are a lot luckier than I was in that department

Tips for staying healthy this year in the winter weather: You're going to be shaking a lot of hands. Make sure to wash your hands a lot, get a lot of sleep, and stay warm!

See you soon! (For real!)

No comments:

Post a Comment