Saturday, September 12, 2009

Intro from Andrea

Hey.  My name is Andrea and I’m a sophomore in Sigma Delta Tau.  I grew up outside of Philadelphia, and currently I live in the SDT house on campus.  I would tell you what I’m majoring in, but I don’t have a clue.  Last year, one time I was at Naked Chocolate (okay I was there way more than once, but this one particular time…) and I ran into this freshman girl from my friend’s writing seminar.  She proceeded to inform me that she was already studying for the LSATs.  So she asked me “What are you doing with your life?”  I responded “…Rushing?” Okay, so rush was only a week away and on my mind, but I think this demonstrates my lack of clarity on my major.  So if you’re as confused as me- I promise you’re not alone.  And if you do know what you’re doing with your life…I’m jealous.

On another note, I’m really interested in photography, and my other obsessions include frozen yogurt, spicy tuna rolls, and the movie Dirty Dancing.  And while I could easily spend hours watching Dirty Dancing while eating sushi and froyo, I’ve been trying to get involved in more campus activities this year, including writing for Street, working on The Walk (Penn’s fashion magazine), and becoming the Community Service Chair for my sorority.  I went to the student activities fair and put my name on every listserv (listserv: an online mailing list a.k.a. both your greatest source of info and sometimes biggest annoyance in college; example of usage: “listserv abuse”).  I will be sure to update you on how getting 4084820 emails a day works out for me. 

I hope you enjoy the blog, and feel free to comment if you have any questions about sorority life you’d like us to address!

No comments:

Post a Comment