Friday, September 25, 2009

PHILANTHROPY + LILLY PULITZER + life



Crush parties are definitely a gossip-worthy aspect of sorority life, and I can't wait for my sorority's, coming up next month (I'll definitely fill you in as I try to figure out what crush-worthy boy gets my pick). However, another part of sorority life that I'm involved in is Philanthropy...just to remind everyone, I am one of Tridelta's philanthropy chairs. Lately, my co-chair and I have been extremely busy planning several different events, including Chili's Chalk Off, which we ran last Monday on Locust Walk. It was the first time that the event had been run nationally, and it was a great honor for Penn's chapter to have been chosen to participate. One of my jobs as Philanthropy chair is to act as a liaison between St. Jude reps, Tridelta reps, and our chapter. So, when Rachel, my co-chair, and I met with one such rep and discussed this event, we were thrilled to have been chosen for the trial run, and it ended up going extremely well! I'd like to thank everyone who came out, donated a dollar, and colored in the chili--although it ended up being a lot of deltas doing the coloring! (there was much apprehension about chalk getting all over everything-- my hands were beautiful shades of pink and purple all day). Rachel and I woke up early Monday morning and bought tons of chalk and supplies to make a big sign, and then we met with our designated chili-drawer to sketch a giant chili right outside of Van Pelt. Throughout the day, sisters stopped by in Delta-gear and helped out, assuming half-hour shifts on Locust Walk, asking people for donations in return for a Free Chips and Salsa Gift Certificate from Chili's. If you are one of the lucky people who got one, make sure to go to Chili's this MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, because 100% of whatever Chili's makes that day will go toward St. Jude!

Something else that sororities sometimes do for their various causes is hold trunk-shows at their Chapter houses. For example, today was Phi Sigma Sigma's jean sale, and next Wednesday, September 30th, Tridelta is holding a Lilly Pulitzer Trunk Show, open from 6-7 for Deltas only and 7-9 PM for everyone else! So be sure to stop by our chapter house (4044 spruce) and pick up some cute gear for the fall! These are also great opportunities to sneak a peak at the different sorority houses on campus.

Check out the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=251686970506&index=1

volps



No comments:

Post a Comment